Friday, March 20, 2009

Kristin



Lets just start at the beginning. I met Kristin in middle school. I was in 8Th grade and she was in 7Th. She and I became friends quickly. She became as much a sister to me as my blood sisters. I loved her so much and she will always be special to me. She may never know the impact she made on my life but I don't think I would ever be where I am today if it wasn't for her and her telling me how perfect Matt was for me. Kristin died in February of 2001 of a stroke. I have so many stories of our days together.. I think I always looked forward to snow days because when we had snow days her mom would drop her off at our house in the morning and we would hang out all day long! I remember her having ramen noodle for the first time and loving it! I will never forget her breaking my bed the morning of my16Th birthday to go out to breakfast! I remember going Christmas shopping with her and her mom and sitting on Santa's lap! And I will never ever forget saying goodbye to one of my dearest no my best friend. I carry a bit of her and am reminded daily of her by the tattoo on my foot. There are so many times as the years have gone by that I wish my friend where here when I graduated, when I got engaged, my wedding day, and the birth of my daughter . Though she was not physically there I know she was there and I take comfort in knowing I will see her again one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment