Sunday, February 21, 2010

Adlie's head...

Adlie has been getting pretty banged up lately (she is now running all over the place!) as you can see from some pictures she has a cut on her head and a large bruise... here is how those happened....

The cut happened a few weeks ago. She was trying to pick something up off the floor in front of the fire place and she hit her head just right on one of the stones. I was a mess I told Matt we may need to go to the hospital. All I saw was my poor little girl's face covered in blood. I went in to mommy mode. I sat her down in my lap wiped her up and calmed my self and her down and once she was cleaned up we noticed it was just a small cut and she was acting fine so we put a band aid on and called it a night. She really scared me... I wish I had taken a picture of my socks though just to show you all I had blood on my shirt pants and socks but on my one sock the blood was shaped in to a heart so weird...

The large bruise is very new she likes to pick things up out of the pantry or if we leave soda bottles in the entry she thinks she needs to carry them so she was trying to pick a soda bottle up and slipped hitting her head on the side of the couch! ( I was out shopping with Matt's sister and he called me in a panic telling me I needed to come home that he thinks her head was going to split open ) *he panics more than me* So thank God we were only a mile from the house we rush home I grab her and calm her down and just notice a very large *think an egg cut in half* bump on her head it was already bruised and looked bad but as soon as I got her in my arms she was fine no tears and she was smiling and happy. I call my mom to see if we should take her in to the ER and she and I talk for a few minutes and we decide if she is acting fine and we can get the swelling down she is ok . Thankfully with in an hour the swelling was gone and all that was left was a nasty bruise... and here we are a week later and it is yellowing and fading...

I just know this is just the beginning of all of this but man does it give my heart a start when my little girl is hurt!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! It seems like all kids have a certain part of their body that gets hurt more often than the others! Ashton hits EVERYTHING with his head! I had to get him from school one day because he had fallen in the gym and landed on his head. When the nurse called she told me he had a pretty good sized bump on his head but when I got to the school and saw it I had to sit down cuz I thought I might pass out! It was the size of an entire golfball! I took him to urgent care but they said he was fine and by the time I picked the other kids up from school the swelling was almost gone! OH! What these kids put us through!

    ReplyDelete